Evolution hanging on fecth mail

Scott T. Hildreth shildret at scotth.emsphone.com
Mon Feb 27 09:47:58 PST 2006

Anybody else having a problem with evolution locking up and pegging the
CPU when it fetches mail?  I started noticing this on Friday.  I came to
work this moringing, it was hanging again.  So I killed it and restarted.
It would run for about 5 mins, hang, then I killed it.  Then is started
crashing.  I noticed that there was an upgrade and upgraded.

scotth# pkg_info | grep evolu
evolution-2.4.2.1_1 An integrated mail, calendar and address book distributed s
evolution-data-server-1.4.2.1_1 The data backends for the Evolution integrated mail/PIM sui

..It started up fine, a little while later, it was locked up again.  If I truss the evolution,

    scotth# truss -p 2454
    (null)()                                         = 136260416 (0x81f2b40)
    -- UNKNOWN SYSCALL 136260416 --
    (null)(0x8200000)                                = 0 (0x0)
    -- UNKNOWN SYSCALL 134624408 --

sometimes I would get,

    kse_release(0x8069f44)                           = 0 (0x0)
    kse_release(0x8069f44)                           = 0 (0x0)
    kse_release(0x8069f44)                           = 0 (0x0)
    truss: Cannot malloc 1206365344 bytes for pollfd array: Cannot allocate memory

I am running a newer kernel,

FreeBSD scotth.emsphone.com 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE  #0: Fri Feb 24 15:21:27 CST 2006

I compiled this after the first time I noticed the lockup.  Any Ideas?  I getting ready to recompile
with -DDEBUG, but I like to check the list first and see if anyone knows something or is having the
same problem.

                                         Thanks,
                                             STH