gnome problem

eoghan freebsd at redry.net
Sat Feb 25 11:48:41 PST 2006

On 25 Feb 2006, at 19:41, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>>> I'm using -CURRENT with GNOME 2.13.91, and I cannot reproduce this.
>>> When I login as a normal user, and launch Time and Date, I am
>>> prompted
>>> for root's password.  Upon entering it, the tool works.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>
>> Hello
>> How do you login to gnome as a normal user? (not root)
>
> The same way you login as root.  You just use a different username and
> password.
>
> Joe

Thanks
I have done this and posted this reply:

Ok so I have logged in now as a different user. So now when I got to:
Desktop -> Administration -> Networking
i get prompted for the root password, which I enter and it works.
But when I go to any of the rest:
Desktop -> Administration -> Services
Desktop -> Administration -> Shared Folders
Desktop -> Administration -> Time and Date
Desktop -> Administration -> Users and Groups
now I am prompted for the root password. But after I enter it, it
tells me i have entered the wrong password!!!
I have tried it several times, am 100% sure of the password as I use
it all the time. Strange thing is: why does it work for networking
and nothing else???
I am running freeBSD 6.0-RELEASE with gnome 2.12.3 (built 02/23/06).

I have searched the gnome forums and not come up with anything.