[Fwd: Only 640x480 Resolution Available After Upgrade]

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Feb 23 20:44:00 PST 2006

> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:31:26 -0500
> From: Bob Perry <rperry at gti.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> This message was run in another mailing list with no resolution.
> Thought I'd try it in the gnome list.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thnx,
> Bob

There are lots of things that can effect this. Monitor definition is most
significant. The first thing to look at is your /var/log/Xorg.0.log
file. It's long and lots of it is not relevant, but it contains a rather
long section detailing the selection of the display resolution and the
monitor and card capability.

I quick thing to try is to rename your configuration and starting
Xorg. It will generate its configuration by probing the system and
usually does quite well.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)