A4 paper -- how to change??

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Mon Feb 20 18:36:09 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 21:16 -0500, Stephane E. Potvin wrote:

> I have the same problem with gnome and cups since gnome 2.8. I always assumed
> it was a pilot error and never got around to ask directly for a solution as I
> had a workaround. Just install the print/cups-lpr port with
> CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes defined and you'll be able to usr lpr directly to
> print in Letter instead of A4.

Thanks, Steph.  Before I give this a try, do you know if the port works
on a networked printer that uses JetDirect, and with the print queue
managed by another computer?  The port description mentions that there
is reduced functionality for this case, and before I thunder forth I
thought it worthwhile to ask.

Frank