Eog Crash while opening jpeg-images with EXIF data

Pascal Hofstee caelian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:07:40 PST 2006

i am noticing a consistent eog crash when opening jpeg images with EXIF
data (using MC-gnome, eog-2.13.91) on FreeBSD/amd64 7.0-CURRENT

The line that causes the crash is libeog/eog-metadata-reader.c:231

memcpy ((void*) ((int)(priv->exif_chunk) + priv->bytes_read),
(void*)&buf[i], priv->size);

I am about 99% sure the (int) typecast on priv->exit_chunk is truncating
the 64-bit pointer into 32-bits causing the application to segfault as a
result. I am not 100% on how to properly fix this.

If any of you could have a look at this, that would be appreciated.

--
  Pascal Hofstee