Problems compiling/linking various modules

Peter Carah pete at altadena.net
Mon Feb 13 16:16:42 PST 2006

 I'm seeing problems compiling (actually linking) several modules in 2.10.x and
2.12.x; this has occurred so far (for me) in
vte
gnometerminal
gnomecontrolcenter2

maybe others.

Something is wrong in configure that results in
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,//usr/local/lib
(sometimes the double slash is on the first one and sometimes on the second).
The linker complains about a bad file format on the second. (well, a directory
is certainly not an elf file :-)

It isn't too hard to fix, but tedious (40 or so Makefiles in gnomecontrolcenter).

-- Pete