problems rhythmbox 0.9.3.1

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Feb 11 00:43:47 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 20:02 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 08:27 +0800, Khairil Yusof wrote:
> > Anybody using the latest rhythmbox?
> >
> > Running rhythmbox -d on my gnome 2.12 system results in rhythmbox
> > constantly reloading metadata and adding to the queue for each
> > additional song played. So after say 25 songs played, CPU/disk is pegged
> > and continues until it crashes.
> >
> > This behaviour wasn't in rb 0.9.2 and just wanted to check before filing
> > a bug report to rb.
>
> I don't see this problem on my GNOME 2.12 6-STABLE machine.
> rhythmbox-0.9.3.1 is running around .1% of CPU and memory usage is
> stable (minor fluctuations).  My library consists of 447 songs in either
> MP3 or OGG format.

Actually, I think I am seeing this.  It seems that gnome-vfs is picking
up a change to the currently playing file, and r-b is trying to process
that change every second.  Weird thing is, according to stat -s the only
thing changing in the file is st_atime which is ignored.

I'm still investigating, but I wanted to know if you've filed a bug on
this already.  The code was added post r-b- 0.9.2 which explains why you
didn't see this before.