HAL on FreeBSD 5.5

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 21 17:00:03 PST 2006

[Sending this again, since I didn't see it show up in the mailing list
archives ... mail has been sort of glitchy for me in the last couple of days]

On Wednesday, 20. December 2006 18:13, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 10:15 +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 20. December 2006 05:40, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > > Thanks to Nigel Wohlers, I was able to get access to a 5.X machine, and
> > > I have prepared some patches which seem to do the trick.  They should
> > > handle new media insertions as well as existing media.
> > >
> > > http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/patch-hal_ata
> >
> > I tried that patch against the current hal port, but unfortunately it
> > doesn't compile:
>
> Sorry, I still had a typo in that version.  I just posted an update.

That works great now! Thanks, and many many thanks for all the work on porting
hal, too - apart from a few remaining linuxisms in KDE's code still left for
me to patch out, you earn the credit for making kio_media (HAL version) work
on FreeBSD - or in other words: Making media handling in KDE on FreeBSD not
suck. kde@ really owes you guys now. :)

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org