Change text of buttons in Liferea 1.2.0.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Dec 21 09:06:44 PST 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:21:00 -0600, Andrew Pantyukhin
<infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 12/20/06, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:19:17 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello folks,
>> >
>> > I dislike how they have changed text of buttons in Liferea 1.2.0, so I
>> > have created a patch to bring old text of buttons back. It's shorter,
>> > make buttons smaller and look better. Just add below under the
>> > post-patch of Makefile for anyone that want it too.
>> >
>> >       ${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's|_New Subscription...|_New Feed|g ; \
>> >               s|_Next Unread Item|_Next Unread|g ; \
>> >               s|_Mark Selected As Read|_Mark As Read|g ; \
>> >               s|Search All Feeds...|Search|g' \
>> >                       ${WRKSRC}/src/ui/ui_mainwindow.c
>>
>> Just add a warning, do not annoy to the maintainer to add this hack. It
>> will never happen. If I maintain for Liferea and I will never commit
>> this
>> hack in ports tree either. Keep this hack in your own ports tree and
>> maintain it by yourself just like I have many hacks and unofficial
>> ports in my own tree.
>
> Is it a major glitch in my gmail account or are you
> talking to yourself?

Reply to my own thread for anyone to read it too, because I knew that it
will not be in ports tree.

> Anyways, whichever side you're on, it might be OK to
> make this an optional hack. It's not site-specific
> or something, sounds like it improves usability - so
> why not expose it to users.

No, not with that kind of hack. You will have to convince Liferea
developers to change it.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org