Automounting does not work...

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Tue Dec 12 13:14:39 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 12:52 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> > known issue. The gstreamer still needs a lot of work to get good  =
> >
> > multimedia. I still hate gstreamer.
>
> I like to see totem working on principle, but I recommend xine or
> mplayer for really playing multimedia and xine for DVDs since mplayer
> does not do menus. (vlc may be good, too, but I have
> not tried it in years.)

This is the first time I've had Totem work, so I will play with it a
bit.  MPlayer has always worked fine for me once I futz with the
installation a bit.  I've not tried the others.

Truth is, I just don't use multimedia that much, but it seems
substantially to have improved in Gnome over the last year or so.  I
thought I would give it a go.

Kevin, I just noticed you are at LBL (or is that LBNL these days?).  I
was actually employed through them when I did my doctoral work at
Berkeley back in the 4.2BSD era.  Small world...

In any event, my sincere thanks to all who participated in the fixes
here!  It is most appreciated!!

Frank