Bug in Thunderbird port?

KMK drac030 at krap.pl
Tue Dec 12 09:37:39 PST 2006

Hello,

I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 1.5.0.8 (20061110) compiled from ports, on
FreeBSD 5.5. I noticed the following wrong behaviour:

when the Thunderbird fileselector appears, e.g. after clicking on "Attach"
button while composing a mail, or in any other circumstance, clicking on the
slider at the right side of the selector in order to scroll the file list down,
crashes the Thunderbird. The same happens, when the down arrow is clicked (and
not the slider) and when the list is attempted to be scrolled using keyboard
cursor keys (without any mouse action). This behaviour is independent from the
contents of the directory that is being listed in the selector.

The error that occurs is Bus Error (signal 10).

I noticed this behaviour some time ago, I refreshed my ports tree and recompiled
them (portupgrade -a) twice since (last time 9th December), but the error persists.

I use KDE as my window manager, if that matters.

Gtx,
KMK