Automounting does not work...

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Mon Dec 11 20:48:44 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 23:27 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > fstab is
> > /dev/acd0             /cdrom1         auto    ro,noauto       0       0
> > /dev/cd0              /cdrom          auto    ro,noauto       0       0
>
> Remove these two entries.

I commented them out, and a disk is recognized when it is inserted.  But
something still is not right.  When I put in an audio CD (for example),
Totem pops up but refuses to play the disk.  I can play it with the
other player, and eject it, but then the icon for "Audio Disc" still is
on the Desktop.

But still, this is progress, and thanks for providing the first steps.

Frank