ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one file per session

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Mon Dec 11 10:56:33 PST 2006

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> No, it doesn't really help isolate why the problem is happening.  It's
> just good to know we have a workaround.  You should try and find out
> what KDE is doing that affects GTK+ or GNOME applications.  THAT would
> help track down the crash.

I've got an email into the KDE maintainer(s) to see if they can shed
some light on it. I did notice one thing though. I get the following
error on the settings-deamon's terminal right about where Firefox would
normally crash. I rebuilt D-Bus (and the QT/Glib bindings for it) with
debugging symbols, but that doesn't seem enough to get it to display the
backtrace.

(gnome-settings-daemon:43599): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2271:
signal name `new-toplevel_window' is invalid for instance `0x80c6250'
process 43620: arguments to dbus_connection_add_filter() were incorrect,
assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 4954.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
   D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace

- Micah