ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one file per session

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Dec 10 21:37:09 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 19:01 -0800, Micah wrote:
> I've installed a complete Gnome system for further testing. I have
> confirmed that gedit, eog, and epiphany (and probably any gnome based
> app) all show the bug when launched from KDE. GIMP, PAN2, and OOo do not
> show the bug. This was all tested from a freshly created user account
> with an initially empty home directory. The bug does not show up while
> in a Gnome session (not sure how Indigo managed a crash - maybe he was
> running some KDE software in his Gnome session?) It appears to be a
> general Gnome/KDE incompatibility and has nothing to do with the Gecko
> applications directly.

That's certainly weird since Firefox, GIMP, pan, and OOo use a local GTK
+ file chooser while gedit, eog, and epiphany can use an enhanced
gnome-vfs chooser.  It would have been telling had the crash happened
only with one type of application.  Are all the crashes the same in all
the applications (i.e. same backtrace)?  If you
start /usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon, does the crash still
occur?