gnome system util

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sun Aug 13 19:41:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 21:03 +0100, eoghan wrote:
> Hi
> I am running gnome 2.14.2 on 6.1 RELEASE.
> Is there any gnome util that can give me system info like CPU, RAM =20
> and so on. I know there is system monitor but I am more looking for =20
> something that gives amount of total RAM

Install gkrellm2 and the gkx86info2 plug-in. The plug-in provides CPU
clock speed and the rest (and a lot more) are standard parts of
gkrellm. Other plug-ins for gkrellm can provide lots of added
functions. I use the xmms and volume plug-ins.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)