Avoiding firefox' own zlib

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Aug 9 16:16:02 UTC 2006

Hello!

I'm pretty sure, I've reported this already. Firefox checks the "system"
libz's version and insists on it 1.2.3, because there was a security flaw in
the 1.2.2.

FreeBSD patched the flaw years ago _without_ bumping the version number, so
firefox' configure misdetects and decides to build the bundled zlib instead
of using the perfectly good "system" one.

The following hunk should be added to files/patch-configure to stop this
silliness (mind the tabs/spaces):

	@@ -1022,5 +1022,5 @@
	 MOZJPEG=62
	 MOZPNG=10207
	-MOZZLIB=1.2.3
	+MOZZLIB=1.2.2
	 NSPR_VERSION=4

Other Mozilla-ports could use this too... Yours,

	-mi