NPAPI/XPI support in native gecko apps and other ports

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:56:08 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
> Can you remove create any symlink in share/linux-opera/plugins please? It
> is causing linux-opera to display two plugins if I add
> lib/npapi/symlinks/linux-opera support in linux-opera (going to commit it
> soon). I personal rather to have linux-opera to find any plugins in
> lib/npapi/symlinks/linux-opera than have stuff in
> share/linux-opera/plugins. It is painless that way. Thanks!

Done. I won't bump portrevisions right now, if it's okay
with you.

> While I am here, as for the other browsers that will have a several
> symlinks in plugins directory by NPAPI and XPI stuff, you will need to add
> @dirrmtry path/browsers/{extensions,plugins} and @dirrmtry path/browsers
> for plist in Makefile.npapi and browsers' plist. For example:
>
>         1) install linux-flashplugins7 or other stuff
>         2) deinstall one of browser
>         3) uninstall linux-flashplugins7 or other stuff
>         4) path/browsers/{extensions,plugins} will be ending up leftover.

What we're working at is to add XPI/NPAPI support into
apps, by adding lines to their plists or other hacks (like
the one you requested), so that after step "2)" there will
be no leftovers at all. I hope our effort will be complete
and successful quite soon and no additional dirrmtry's
will be necessary.