Gnome 2.12 and sound

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at sw.ru
Sun Sep 18 22:10:59 PDT 2005

В пт, 16/09/2005 в 12:32 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke пишет:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 16:52 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Looks like after upgrade I have some new sound problem:
> >
> > mplayer stops working with -ao sdl (but still works with -ao esd)

> > There is no opening /dev/dsp* in truss log.
> >
> > No ideas how it related with gnome upgrade, but just before upgrade it
> > works.
> >
> > No problem xine. And both totem and vlc has no codecs for that film, but
> > can play other films.
>
> There were no esd changes between GNOME 2.10 and 2.12.

Actually "-ao esd" works. I just has default "-ao sdl" and notice that
mplayer stop play sound.

> In fact, there were no low-level multimedia changes.  This might be a problem with your
> SDL installation.

Probably SDL was rebuilt while gnome_upgrade and this is reason,
actually it built above esound:

% pkg_info -r sdl-1.2.9,2
Information for sdl-1.2.9,2:

Depends on:
Dependency: expat-1.95.8_3
Dependency: svgalib-1.4.3_5
Dependency: pkgconfig-0.19
Dependency: libaudiofile-0.2.6
Dependency: freetype2-2.1.10_1
Dependency: fontconfig-2.3.2,1
Dependency: xorg-libraries-6.8.2
Dependency: esound-0.2.36
Dependency: aalib-1.4.r5_1
%

> What does fstat or lsof show about your /dev/dsp* and /dev/audio*
devices?

nothing, no sound devices are opened

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov