improving devel/m4

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Sep 13 14:42:30 PDT 2005

вівторок 13 вересень 2005 17:16, Pascal Hofstee Ви написали:
> changing a port with 726 direct consumers, at least in my opinion, falls
> under the large sweeping change category, regardless how minute the
> nature of the actual change may be.

Actually, in my understanding a "sweeping change" is more about rearranging
multiple ports, or multi-port updating (like xorg), repo-copying -- things
that can not be easily undone.

For example, breaking up a database port into -client and -server (without
even changing the version) would be more "sweeping", than updating gmake from
X.Y.Z to X.Y.Z+1.

	-mi