improving devel/m4

Pascal Hofstee caelian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:16:51 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 16:53 -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> вівторок 13 вересень 2005 16:45 Ви написали:
> > [ade at foo:~] 6% grep m4-1.4.3 /usr/ports/INDEX.local |wc -l
> >       726
> >
> > With 726 direct consumers of m4 within the ports tree, caution is
> > always a good thing.
>
> You skipped through my point, that the current ports will not make it to
> 6.0-RELEASE anyway. The ports tree was tagged back in August.
>
> And even if we decide to re-do the port-freeze/thaw, there will be full
> rebuilds on all platforms -- with 726 users pointyhat is sure to find trouble
> if there is one...

Ade's point is that even though we are out of the ports-freeze ..
there's is still a "slush-phase" going on where large sweeping changes
are not allowed ... (hence why gnome-2.12 hasn't been imported yet).

changing a port with 726 direct consumers, at least in my opinion, falls
under the large sweeping change category, regardless how minute the
nature of the actual change may be.

--
Pascal Hofstee <caelian at gmail.com>