improving devel/m4

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Sep 13 13:53:36 PDT 2005

вівторок 13 вересень 2005 16:45 Ви написали:
> [ade at foo:~] 6% grep m4-1.4.3 /usr/ports/INDEX.local |wc -l
>       726
>
> With 726 direct consumers of m4 within the ports tree, caution is
> always a good thing.

You skipped through my point, that the current ports will not make it to
6.0-RELEASE anyway. The ports tree was tagged back in August.

And even if we decide to re-do the port-freeze/thaw, there will be full
rebuilds on all platforms -- with 726 users pointyhat is sure to find trouble
if there is one...

> Given that the software authors believe it to be unacceptably
> detrimental to performance, I'll tend to believe them, and leave it
> as-is.

Ok, makes sense.

Yours,

	-mi