Trying to upgrade Gnome, Mozilla won't build. Stuck!

Scott I. Remick scott at sremick.net
Tue Oct 11 14:17:36 PDT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:50:55 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> This looks very much like a hardware problem.  Random segfaults point to
> either over-optimization (which it doesn't look like you're doing) or
> bad or over-taxed hardware.

*sigh* So frustrating. Why would it ONLY happen with Mozilla though? How
could I get through a ton of other port builds just fine only to have it
fail in Mozilla?

> If you're using the 4BSD scheduler and
> you've built world and kernel with default CFLAGS, then I would download
> some of those x86 hardware tester ISOs, and run diagnostics.

Ok I will see if I can find some. Are there any that you're particularly
fond of?

> Also, check to make sure your cooling is working correctly.

mbmon is reporting a steady 29'C case temp and 41'C CPU temp while in the
thick of the Mozilla compile. This is an Athlon 1.2GHz.