GNOME: Docklets not working

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Oct 11 06:32:25 PDT 2005

Let's moving it to freebsd-gnome, so remove freebsd-current from CC.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:59:53 -0500, Roger Grosswiler <roger at gwch.net>
wrote:

> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
>> Roger Grosswiler píše v út 11. 10. 2005 v 14:15 +0200:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Have 6.0/B5 up and running. But running apps such as gaim, psi or
>>> others, that use docklets under gnome do not work.
>>>
>>> if i "close" the app, this terminates instead of minimizes the
>>> application.
>>>
>>> Is there something special to follow?
>>   What do you mean by "docklet"? That's nonexistant term.
>>  How is this related to running -CURRENT?
>>
> Definition of a Docklet:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/panel/r1373.html

It looks like it's GNOME1, so it's what you are using? You need to show us
your pkg_info. If you are using GNOME2, then right click on the panel and
click on 'add to panel' to add 'Notification Area Applet'.

BTW: There is no 'docklet' term in GNOME2 that I know.

> Related tu running -CURRENT: state working in Linux (has not been tested
> in FreeBSD 5.4)
>
> Roger

FreeBSD GNOME Team