nautilus hanging (gnome 2.12)

Brian Gruber knightbg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 17:12:45 PDT 2005

--- Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 16:58 -0700, Brian Gruber
> wrote:
> > --- Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
> wrote:

> that
> > > i've
> hangs
> directory, or

> ext2
> > > mount,
> the
> > > case
> > >
> > > This isn't a very good bug report.  Please see
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html
> for
> > > details on creating a
> > > useful report.  In particular, you didn't
> mention
> > > what version of
> > > FreeBSD you're using, include a pkg_info, or
> provide
> > > a backtrace with
> > > debugging symbols.
> > >
> > > Joe
> >
> > Sorry bout that.  I've updated my machine to
> 5.4-p7
> > and the ports are up to date as of last night.
> uname
> > -a:
> >
> > FreeBSD calvin 5.4-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD
> 5.4-RELEASE-p7
> > #1: Sun Oct  2 16:34:11 EDT 2005
> > root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CALVIN  i386
> >
> > env, pkg_info and backtrace are attached.
> >
> > let me know if there's any other info i need to
> > supply.
>
> What does the symlink ``/home'' point to (i.e.
> output of ls -l /).  It
> looks like there is a problem with an infinite
> symlink loop.  This
> really shouldn't happen in the version of gnomevfs2
> you're running,
> though.
>
> Joe

/home points to /usr/home.

this crash occured while looking at
/home/bgruber/Desktop/media/holding.
/home/bgruber/Desktop/media is a symlink to
/home/bgruber/media.  there's an ext2 partition
mounted at /usr/home/bgruber/media.  Having said all
of that, I'm not 100% sure that every crash has taken
place in some directory within that
/home/bgruber/Desktop/media symlink.

/brian