thunderbird port problem ?

James Bailie jimmy at jamesbailie.com
Mon Nov 14 07:28:56 PST 2005

Frank Bonnet wrote:
 > Hello
 >
 > I've compiled thunderbird 1.0.7 from ports at 6.0-R and I have a small
 > problem which is when I click on an URL written in an email it does
 > not start firefox or any other www browser.
 > I thinks I miss something but ... what ???

The following web page describes the process of making FireFox launch
Thunderbird, and vice versa, under Linux.  The process is identical for
FreeBSD:

http://www.schwer.us/journal/2005/05/01/getting-firefox-and-thunderbird-to-play-nice-under-linux/

Note that one of the two shell scripts the author uses as wrappers, invokes
/bin/bash.  You must change that to /bin/sh.  The sh on FreeBSD can handle
the code in the file.

--
James Bailie <jimmy at jamesbailie.com>
http://www.jamesbailie.com