Summary of Adam's GNOME on BSD talk

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 27 00:46:12 PDT 2005

Adam Weinberger píše v pá 27. 05. 2005 v 03:15 -0400:
> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > adamw, do you still want to change the name (foobar2 -> foobar) if
> > there  is no two of it?
>
> I can't even begin to explain how imperative I think this is. The
> following steps must take place:

Generally, I like it.

>    2. The name should reflect the proper package name whenever possible
> (i.e. gnome-desktop, not gnomedesktop).

This would go against rule of not using dashes in port names for other
reasons then prefixes/postfixes. That said, I still support your
proposal here.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that the
pens will multiply instead of disappear.