evolution crashes with new libgnomecanvas

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri May 20 13:09:03 PDT 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:43:59 -0500, Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Joe Marcus Clarke píše v pá 20. 05. 2005 v 15:20 -0400:
>>
>> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
>> | Hi folks,
>> |
>> | reporting that my Evolution crashes with libgnomecanvas-2.10.1. When I
>> | downgrade to libgnomecanvas-2.10.0_1, crash goes away. Backtrace leads
>> | into libgnomecanvas' funcgion gcbp_destroy_gdk where g_assert is
>> | triggered.
>> |
>> | Anyone else is seeing this?
>> |

>> No.  This might be related to your theme.  I'm using Clearlooks.  Can
>> you send a full backtrace with symbols?
>
> I'm on Clearlooks-DeepSky here. I can get you backtrace but recompiling
> everything will take an hour or two, so hold on.

In future, you can ask me in case if you want to save time. In my system,
all ports (97%) have been compiled with debug. I created a fake account in
Evolution and got same crash when I clicked on button (don't remember what
button was).

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/gdb/gdb-evolution.txt

I am using Clearlooks-Glider theme.

FreeBSD GNOME Team