KDE checks for xscreensaver-gnome in wrong place

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Mar 25 19:26:10 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 21:24 -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> kdeartwork3 and xscreensaver-kde do some incorrect GNOME-related checking.
>
> They both check to see if xscreensaver-gnome is installed by looking for
> ${X11BASE}/share/gnome/control-center-2.0/capplets/screensaver-properties.desktop
>
> But, that file is now
> ${X11BASE}/share/gnome/applications/gnome-screensaver-properties.desktop

This is only in xscreensaver-gnome-4.21 which has not been committed to
the ports tree due to the freeze.  Therefore, what is in the tre now
should be correct.

> It needs to be changed in a number of places in kdeartwork3/Makefile and
> xscreensaver-kde/Makefile.
>
> It would seem to me that this change would be good to commit before 5.4
> is tagged. As it stands now, kdeartwork3 cannot build with
> xscreensaver-gnome installed.

It can with a pure FreeBSD ports tree.  Though it might be a good idea
to add
${X11BASE}/share/gnome/applications/gnome-screensaver-properties.desktop
as an additional file to check.