Is something wrong with gnome-menus-2.10.1?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Mar 24 12:29:26 PST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:12:30 +0100, Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 01:12:02PM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> >Ok so it looks like the double entries and the Internet category in the
>> >Desktop menu could be caused by this:

>> >/usr/local/share/applnk/Internet/kadu.desktop
>> >/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/apps/Internet/kadu.desktop
>>
>> No, it's not. It's just because it has two kadu.desktop. There are few
>> ports that has support both KDE/GNOME like wesnoth, opera, opera-devel,
>> linux-opera and etc. I bet those will be appear in the menu double.
>
> That's what I was trying to say by giving you the output of pkg_info :).
>
>> >The .hidden categories, on the other hand, appear probably because of
>> >those two files:

>> >/usr/local/share/applnk/.hidden/k3b-cue.desktop
>> >/usr/local/share/applnk/.hidden/k3b-iso.desktop
>> >[..]
>>
>> This is nasty, KDE needs to fix this. I can't find anything about
>> .hidden
>> in the standard over at http://standards.freedesktop.org/ .
>
> Actually, it's K3b that installs those two files, not KDE, so if it's
> something that shouldn't be done, maybe we should contact the
> maintainer?

Actually, it's KDE. K3b depends on misc/kdehier. As for contact to the
maintainers, I don't know. You can ask them, but it might be more like
KDE's fault rather than our maintainers. KDE doesn't follow the standard
full yet.

# find /usr/ports -maxdepth 3 -name pkg-plist | xargs egrep -l
"applnk/.hidden"
/usr/ports/deskutils/kdepim3/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/editors/kate-plugins/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/misc/kfile-plugins/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/misc/konq-plugins/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/net/kdenetwork3/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/net/lanbrowsing/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/sysutils/k3b/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/www/kdewebdev/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/x11/kdebase3/pkg-plist

> So my only problem for now is that gnome-menus don't show some stuff
> that is visible in menu-editor (and should be in gnome-menus). I'll see
> if reverting to 2.10.0 will fix it.
>
> -Radek

FreeBSD GNOME Team