Is something wrong with gnome-menus-2.10.1?

Radek Kozlowski radek at raadradd.com
Thu Mar 24 12:12:27 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 01:12:02PM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >Ok so it looks like the double entries and the Internet category in the
> >Desktop menu could be caused by this:
> >
> >>pkg_info -L pl-kadu\* | grep .desktop
> >/usr/local/share/applnk/Internet/kadu.desktop
> >/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/apps/Internet/kadu.desktop
>
> No, it's not. It's just because it has two kadu.desktop. There are few
> ports that has support both KDE/GNOME like wesnoth, opera, opera-devel,
> linux-opera and etc. I bet those will be appear in the menu double.

That's what I was trying to say by giving you the output of pkg_info :).

> >The .hidden categories, on the other hand, appear probably because of
> >those two files:
> >
> >>pkg_info -L k3b\* | grep desk
> >/usr/local/share/applnk/.hidden/k3b-cue.desktop
> >/usr/local/share/applnk/.hidden/k3b-iso.desktop
> >[..]
>
> This is nasty, KDE needs to fix this. I can't find anything about .hidden
> in the standard over at http://standards.freedesktop.org/ .

Actually, it's K3b that installs those two files, not KDE, so if it's
something that shouldn't be done, maybe we should contact the
maintainer?

So my only problem for now is that gnome-menus don't show some stuff
that is visible in menu-editor (and should be in gnome-menus). I'll see
if reverting to 2.10.0 will fix it.

-Radek