Is something wrong with gnome-menus-2.10.1?

Radek Kozlowski radek at raadradd.com
Thu Mar 24 09:37:49 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:13:51AM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:50:19 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:30:06 +0100, Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Guys,
> >>
> <snip>
> >>also Abiword disappeared from the menu, but Menu Editor still shows it
> >>in the Office category.
> >
> >Umm... /me goes to install AbiWord to find out.
>
> Works for me here, not sure how it happened. Maybe it got wrecked with new
> KDE 3.4 or something.. I will find out this afternoon or tomorrow,
> whenever http://rabarber.fruitsalad.org/ is up again.

Actually, I have only two KDE components installed:

raadradd at ddardaar:~> pkg_info | grep kde
kdehier-1.0_5       Utility port which installs a hierarchy of shared KDE direc
kdelibs-3.4.0       Base set of libraries needed by KDE programs

and only use two qt apps: Kadu and K3b.

The weird thing is that there are some apps shown by Menu Editor that do
not appear in the menu:

Office -> Abiword
Internet -> Firefox
Sound and Video -> VideoLAN Media Player

and there are apps and categories not shown by Menu Editor that appear
in the menu, like KDE category, the second Internet category, .hidden
stuff and also Internet -> Kadu.

-Radek