Help system did not update to 2.10

knowtree at aloha.com knowtree at aloha.com
Tue Mar 22 15:00:10 PST 2005

> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 10:08 +0000, knowtree at aloha.com wrote:
> > FreeBSd 4.11-STABLE
> > Gnome 2.10
> >
> > After upgrading to Gnome 2.10 (I used the script!) my Gnome help files
ar> e
> > still at 2.6. How do I update them?
>
> Actually, they should be at 2.8.  The help documentation has not yet
> been updated for 2.10.

What? Working code and no documentation? That will never get you paid :-)

To be more precise, yelp is version 2.9.3. When it opens I see (some lines
omitted):

 Accessibility Guide
    Accessibility Guide for the GNOME 2.8 Desktop
Reporting GNOME Bugs and Other Feedback
Search for Files Manual V2.5
    User manual for the Search for Files application.
System Administration Guide
    System Administration Guide for GNOME 2.6.
User Guide
    User Guide for GNOME 2.6.

The version numbers for the last two are what I based by report on.

Whoever is updating the help, please post an announcement to the group when
updates are available. And mahalo nui to the documentation team.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
knowtree at aloha.com