changing themes with gnome210

matthias reinhold reinhold.matthias at gmx.net
Tue Mar 22 01:59:38 PST 2005

Hey there

Yesterday i installed Gnome 2.10 on my FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE. I had
some troubles but i managed to solve them.

But one thing remains: I dont have a menu-entry "Desktop -> Preferences
-> Themes" now. And neither do i seem to have any other
configuration-tool than this weird "Configuration Editor" (I don't
understand how to use this one. This windows-registry-style is pretty
much confusing me..) to change appearance-settings.
Actually i wouldn't really need to change themes and stuff, but since
i'm using my former 2.8-configuration (where i did have a custom
theme-setting) i'm getting those nasty error messages on gnome-startup.

So how do i configure theme-settings now? Or did i even forget to build
some tool?

thanks for any advice,
reinhold