libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object

andy at neu.net andy at neu.net
Mon Mar 21 19:41:06 PST 2005

After having upgraded to gnome 2.10 via the script, I am left with the
following problem.

When I try to run adobe acroread7, and realplayer I get the following
error:

#/usr/local/bin/acroread
/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread:
error while loading shared libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open

#/usr/local/bin/realplay
/usr/local/lib/RealPlayer/realplay.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

All my ports are up to date when issuing portversion -O.  Pkg_info shows:
# pkg_info linux_base-8-8.0_6
Information for linux_base-8-8.0_6:

Comment:
Base set of packages needed in Linux mode (only for i386)

Required by:
acroread7-7.0.0
linux-png-1.2.7_5
linux-realplayer-10.0.3

df -h shows the filesystem:
linprocfs        4.0K    4.0K      0B   100%    /usr/compat/linux/proc

The file /usr/ports/UPDATING says the following:
20041231:
  AFFECTS: users of the linux compatibility environment
  AUTHOR: netchild at FreeBSD.org

  The default linux_base was changed from v7 to v8. You need to update
from
  v7 to v8 and rebuild every linux port. To update run:
	portupgrade -rf -o emulators/linux_base-8 emulators/linux_base

  In case you already use linux_base-8 you have to run:
	portupgrade -rf emulators/linux_base-8

So I ran portupgrade -rf emulators/linux_base-8, and the command seemed to
finish sucessfully.

ls -ld shows:
[root at amd64 ~]# ls -ld /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.*
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  523044 Mar 21 00:41
/usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.a
lrwx------  1 root  wheel      21 Mar 21 00:41
/usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so@ -> libgobject-2.0.so.600
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  243631 Mar 21 00:41
/usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.600*

 This is really frustrating, any help getting this to work is really
appreciated.  Also, what other commands are there to help troubleshoot
this type of problem.

TIA,

Andy