Upgrading 2.8->2.10 - nautilus-media - what now?

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Mon Mar 21 07:39:19 PST 2005

Hi,

After upgrading gnome 2.8 to 2.10 using the latest "gnome_upgrade.sh"
I ended with the following message (tail from the gnome build-log):

-> The port 'multimedia/nautilus-media' was removed on 2005-03-12 because:
        "Deprecated, and no longer builds"
Skipped. (running in non-interactive mode; specify -i to ask)
INFO: GNOME upgrade finished at Mon Mar 21 16:00:30 CET 2005

However a "portversion -v | grep '<'" still shows

gnome2-lite-2.8.3           <  needs updating (port has 2.10.0)

Simply doing a "pkg_delete -f nautilus-media" obviously is a bad
idea: At least I've done this on another machine which in turn almost
completely removed the "gnome2-lite" meta port making gnome no longer
start :-(

I understand that gnome2-lite hasn't been built completely because of
the deps to the deprecated nautilus-media, but what's the correct way
to resolve this issue?

Thanks much in advance for any clue,
-ewald