ORBit2-2.12.1 won't install

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 20 09:40:26 PST 2005

Mark Nowiasz wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 20.03.2005, 17:30 +0100 schrieb Pascal HOARAU:
>
>>Hi
>

> Hi Pascal,
>

>>I have the same problem today (garnome / vmware / gentoo)
>>Did you find how to correct that ?
>

> Well, not really - I used some quick and dirty hack. I used pkg_add to
> install previous ORBit (as a binary version). After that, I tried to
> install (with an enforced install) 2.12.1 on top of it, which was not
> totally sucessful - but it tricked FreeBSD in believing that 2.12.1 was
> installed (when in fact, a mixture of 2.12.1 and 2.something was
> running). (Yes, it was quick and dirty.. but I didn't have to time to
> debug the problem :-)). Furthermore, I had to create some new symlinks
> to make this hack work (libglib-2.0.so.400, libgobject-2.0.so.400,
> libgmodule-2.0.so.400, libgthread-2.0.so.400 to the respective *.600
> versions)

Wow.

We need to add this to the list of things you can do to invalidate your
right to free help from the FreeBSD GNOME team.

This, of course, says nothing about your ability to install a GNOME
version for which development hasn't even officially begun yet.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org