gnome upgrade failed ;(

Emil Petkov emil_5kov at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 12:25:49 PST 2005

I was trying to upgrade gnome 2.8 to 2.10 with the
gnome_upgrade.sh by doing:

#setenv MC_TMPDIR /usr/home/myuser/tmpdir
#sh ./gnome_upgrade.sh

The build soon failed because of gnomespeech package.
All the FAQ I've read suggest to restart the build by
passing -restart flag to the shell script together
with the tmp directory I've chosen for the logfile but
when
I tried:

#gnome_upgrade.sh -restart
/usr/home/myuser/tmpdir/gnome_upgrade_lst.XXXXX

it did start from the beginning.

So my question is what is the right syntax of the
command so that the script restarts rather than starts

from the beginning? I guess it is a simple one but
all the examples I've read didn't work.

Furthermore, should I delete gnomespeech from the .lst
file of packages to bulid it properly?

Thanks in advance.