FreeBSD GNOME testimonials

James Earl jamesd.earl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:28:21 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure what everyone else is doing with FreeBSD GNOME, but I
just thought I'd take a minute to share what I've been doing recently
with it.

Recently at work we were finally able to move our windows based
business software onto a terminal server for everyone to access.  This
allowed us to setup a FreeBSD GNOME application server, which everyone
(eight client systems) in our office now uses as their default desktop
system.  None of the users are advanced computer users - quite the
opposite actually.  A fellow employee has also been running FreeBSD
GNOME for a year now.  Only help needed has been to install Flash, and
figure out how to empty his trash in Evolution.

On a personal note, I just finished installing FreeBSD and GNOME onto
my friend's family computer.  It's a little slow, but at least it's
GNOME!

Anyway, hopefully this wasn't too corny!  ;-)  Thanks FreeBSD GNOME Team!

James