libgnomevfs2 (2.10) and KDE apps

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Thu Mar 17 01:19:25 PST 2005

El Jueves, 17 de Marzo de 2005 05:56, Jeremy Messenger escribió:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:42:24 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez
>
> <josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > <snip/>
>
> gnome-menus doesn't provide any option to enable/disable like what
> gnomevfs2 used to have. I am not going to work on to break the
> 'standard' installation of gnome-menus, so send us the patch if you
> do really want to have the KDE menu disable. When you create patch,
> be sure to keep KDE menu enable by default.

My problems are, in general, related to the presence
of /usr/local/share/ in some paths.  I don't know of any gnome bits
under /usr/local/share.

> > I think that, if a gnome user need a kde app (very rare case), he
> > may use the same env to include /usr/local/share/ or what he needs
> > of special.
>
> Disagree, this is even more nasty. If GNOME 2.10 has menu editors
> then the things will be difference, because any users can remove KDE
> menu. It is easier to remove than that 'env' stuff.

I think that gnome init do some scan on that paths and an auto config,
but you may know more than I about that. The env thing has solved my
problems now.

--
  josemi