chat tool?

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Wed Mar 16 11:03:27 PST 2005

I am trying to fit myself into the new gnome, and have a couple of
questions.

First, in building, I lost all of my existing browsers (the dependency
fights with the gnome_upgrade.sh script were epic, but I lost bigtime
before I tossed that idea out).  The reason that this matters is because
of the irc client, chatzilla(?).  I used to get it with mozilla-devel (the
only browser that built at first for me.  In response to losing all my
browsers, I have built a nice bunch of them and they all work (mozilla,
mozilla-devel, epiphany, firefox, and galeon) but it seems that none of
them offer me the option to start chatzilla, for some reason.  I need my
best irc client.

So, first question is, how to I reclaim my chatzilla?  Is it available
alone under some other name?  Or, what browser is it available for, and
how do I kick it off, since the icon I was used to is gone?

The second question is, how do I change the gnome menus so that more of
the brosers are on it?  Right now, the only browser it's offering me is
mozilla, and I would REALLY like firefox, epiphany, and galeon to be there
also (maybe not mozilla-devel anymore).  I'm also going to be interested
in adding something to access chatzilla, once I find out how to get that
again (there must be some way!)

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).