Upgrade failure

Alexandre Vasconcelos alexandre at sspj.go.gov.br
Wed Mar 16 07:49:55 PST 2005

>>>The libtool15 update should fix your build completely, by the way.

Here we go again.. libtool5 upgrade was fine, but I got an error on galeon
build. Adam sugested me to get the new gnome_upgrade.sh (2.10-3) and run
it again. Fine, the upgrade was completed sucessfuly this time. Ok, let's
run startx! error, I don't have gnomesession anymore? ok, let's install
it, ok.. startx again, get the splash screen.... the error message is:

The was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.
Some things, such as themes, sounds or background images may not work
correctly.
The Settings Daemon was restarted too many times.
The last error message was:
Failed to activate 'OAFID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon'
GNOME will still try to restart Settings Daemon next time you login.

Then I click ok and get a grey screen, me and my mouse pointer.. just
CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE to put me back to console..

Any clues?
Thanks again!
Alexandre