success

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Mar 15 11:44:12 PST 2005

but not with the gnome_upgrade, that really never seemed to come close.  I
used the x11/gone2 port, and a long time compiling.  A couple of items I
notice, at least at the moment:

1) www/mozilla doesn't build
2) epiphany doesn't build either.  It is missing a couple of -I paths for
   include files, but when I supply those trivial paths, once it builds,
   it cores on startup (never even pops the window).

I'm going to investigate the mozilla thing.  The missing paths in epiphany
are -I/usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/{find,path}, but since applying this fix
just manages to make a crashing application, I am not going to stick in
the fix, at least not until I have a fix that works beyond mere compiling.

Unless someone else has a REAL fix?

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).