2.8->2.10 ALMOST there!

Joachim Bondo joachim at bondo.net
Mon Mar 14 15:08:44 PST 2005

Dear expert,

I've tried to upgrade from a fully working 2.8 to 2.10 for three days,
so far with out luck. Running the gnome_upgrade.sh script numerous
times (both with and without the -restart flag, depending on the
situation).

After having dealt with the issues from the logs, the script finished
with success, it said. However, gnome2 was still 2.8.3, and
gnomeapplets2 was 2.8.2. I've removed evolution-2.0.4 and
ximian-connector, since these seemed to be causing problems. But still
no luck.

The last thing I've done is:
# pkgdb -F
# portupgrade -a

That didn't change the error message:

[snip]
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libglib-2.0.so.400" not found,
required by "libgnome-keyring.so.0"
gmake[3]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/x11/gnomeapplets2/work/gnome-applets-2.10.0/mini-commander/
src'
[snip, aborting]

gnomelogalyzer.sh cannot suggest a solution. I don't know how to get
hold of libgbli2-2.0.so.400. I've tried a `portupgrade -f glib', but
that still just left me with a .600 file in /usr/local/lib/.

I have 12 non-empty log files from my many attempts, so I thought it
was better simply to give you the key data. If you want the logs, I've
put them on http://bondo.net/joachim_at_bondo.net-logs.tar.bz2. It's a
2.9MB file. I don't have a log file from my last attemt as I did a
portupgrade. I've also cvsup'ed everything several times. Please also
note that I'm a newbie within FreeBSD...

Hoping for a solution - can't wait to use 2.10!

Best regards,
Joachim