2.10 failed dependency

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sun Mar 13 19:43:57 PST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > > gnome_upgrade.sh mentions this port by name before it begins the
> > > upgrade.  Nautilus-media is gone in GNOME 2.10.  You can either remove
> > > it manually, or let pkgdb -Ff do it for you.
> >
> > Got it, Joe, fixed.  Next on the list, gnome_update is complainig about a
> > fairly length list of items that are "stale dependencies".  I haven't got
> > even the vaguest idea what to do here: keepthem get rid of them, or
> > (assuming I even knew what to do), HOW to do it.  Complete and total blank
> > here.  Help!  I don't even have a vague idea of where to go looking for
> > help, and temporarily, the gnome upgrade script has for some reason
> > tromped on my mozilla , so I can't even google it.
>
> In general, you can skip stale dependencies once the upgrade has
> started.  Once it completes, you should run pkgdb -Ff to resolve any
> stale dependencies at that point.

OK, do it once, I will be able to extend the logic.  I meant what I said
about not having a clue, so drop me a clue here.  Here is the first
dependency, explain how to handle it precisely (no buzzwords, if I have to
press "2" say that, not the function that it obtains, 'cause I really
don't understand it).  OK, here's the single example, handle it please:

Stale dependency: gnome2-2.8.3_1 -> gstreamer-plugins-gnomevfs-0.8.8_1
(devel/gstreamer-plugins-gnomevfs):
gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.8.3_2 (score:55%) ? ([y]es/[n]o/[a]ll) [no] New
dependency? (? to help):

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).