libm

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sun Mar 13 16:23:16 PST 2005

I'm still trying to build gnome-2.10 ... it's broken right now in building
audio/arts.  The current error is one that's becoming depressingly
familiar: moc died, it's missing a "libm.so.2".  In the past, for all
these kind of errors, I would track down the executable that needed the
old libm, but I am wondering, maybe it wouldn't be all that horrible a
thing, to fake it out?

Would it work for me, do you think, to have a softlink, from libc to libm?
Woud it hurt anything? (As long as I didn't try to propagate anything that
wanted to use libm!)  Would it actually work, solve that dependency
problem?

Or am I actually, for some reason, really better served by tracking down
the old software and relink it?  That's a heck of a lot of extra work, you
understand, right?

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).