Presenting GNOME 2.10 for FreeBSD

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 12 09:18:16 PST 2005

Tim Bishop wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 06:53:57AM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
>>As always, GNOME users should _not_ use portupgrade alone to upgrade to
>>2.10.  Instead, get the gnome_upgrade.sh script from
>>http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/gnome_upgrade.sh (note: you may have to
>>wait for the website to sync before the script is updated for 2.10.  You
>>can get the latest version at
>>http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/gnome_upgrade29.sh if you don't want
>>to wait).
>

> Not overly impressed so far. The upgrade script (the second link above)
> carefully removed a long list of ports, then failed later on building
> openoffice. I'm now left with a system that's nicely crippled.
>
> I can put it back together - but it doesn't seem that "safe".

Your system isn't crippled, Tim. In /var/tmp, you have a file named
gnome_upgrade_lst.XXXXX (the X's are random chars). All you have to do
is fix the openoffice build problem -- or remove the openoffice line
from that file, and do:

gnome_upgrade.sh -restart /var/tmp/gnome_upgrade_lst.XXXXX

and it will pick up where it left off.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger