upgrade of gnome2.8-lite bombed

Karl Agee kdagee at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:00:38 GMT 2005

>From: "Karl Agee" <kdagee at hotmail.com>
>To: freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>Subject: upgrade of gnome2.8-lite bombed
>Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 07:22:02 -0800
>
>FreeBSD 4.11-stable.  Some of you may have seen my post on the questions
>list about running portupgrade that broke my gnome2.8-lite install.  I was
>pointed to the faq on this matter....shame on me.reebsd-gnome at FreeBSD.org.
>

>all I wanted to do wuz update my system...now, all I want to do is fix my
>gnome install.
>
>Or, I could keep running windowmaker....

UPDATE:  I used Marcos suggestions, and, after some twiddling got the script
to run successfully.  (NO I didnt hack on the script).
HOWEVER I have the same_problem...my gnome panels arent there.  just the
"quick launch toolbar" and a little thing at the bottom. I've tried
rebuilding gnome-panels but that hasnt worked.

I have attached a screen shot so you can see what I have...everything else
(except for openoffice.org) seems to work.

--Karl