Freetype 2.1.9, Mozilla and Firefox [was Re: mozilla app patches]

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Thu Mar 3 23:41:20 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 of March 2005 07:17, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 06:25 +0100, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > Mozilla needs:
> > http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/patch-bugzilla149334
> > http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/patch-layout::svg::renderer::src::libar
> >t::nsSVGLibartGlyphMetricsFT.cpp
>
> How does this clash with extra-patch-nsSVGLibartGlyphMetricsFT.cpp
> needed to build Mozilla on 4.X?

The patch itself doesn't clash, but the result didn't build on 4.x. After
discussion with ahze on irc, there are now two extra patches instead.

> > Patch for www/mozilla:
> > http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/mozillaport-freetype219.diff
> > www/firefox:
> > http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/firefoxport-freetype219.diff
> >
> > Let me know if these are useful, I'll stuff them in PRs :)
>
> Definitely.  If you throw these in a PR with your 2.1.9 patch (I'd like
> to put them all in one place), I'll test them out.  If possible, just
> make one big diff from /usr/ports.  Thanks!

Ok, I've got the patch after retesting with two extra patches approach.
Administrative questions:
Would you rather have this as a followup to ports/68747 or a separate PR
superceding 68747?
Should revisions of mozilla and firefox be bumped?
Oh and in case you don't like names of patches do tell :) - namely this adds
extra-patch2-nsSVGLibartGlyphMetricsFT.cpp
and
patch-bugzilla149334
(it is attachment number of bugzilla entry #234035).

Dejan