Freetype 2.1.9, Mozilla and Firefox [was Re: mozilla app patches]

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Wed Mar 2 05:25:27 GMT 2005

Tested on tinderbox-like setup - gnome2 and its dependencies build fine with
Freetype 2.1.9 (bare Mozilla). Gpdf and ggv also work fine. Firefox needs
patch from Mozilla Bugzilla attachment #149334. Mozilla also needs patch for
layout/svg/renderer/src/libart/nsSVGLibartGlyphMetricsFT.cpp taken from
pkgsrc (patch-by). FWIW Firefox built with old Freetype still works after
Freetype is upgraded without recompile.
Also patch-gfx_src_gtk_nsFontMetricsXft.cpp is not necessary any more for
mozilla port.
So... Firefox needs:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/patch-bugzilla149334

Mozilla needs:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/patch-bugzilla149334
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/patch-layout::svg::renderer::src::libart::nsSVGLibartGlyphMetricsFT.cpp

Patch for www/mozilla:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/mozillaport-freetype219.diff
www/firefox:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/moz/firefoxport-freetype219.diff

Let me know if these are useful, I'll stuff them in PRs :)

Dejan