gamin vs fam

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sun Jun 5 17:43:17 GMT 2005

Hi list,

Is there a way to setup my system to build and set dependencies to use
gamin instead of fam?  gamin is much fast in responding to vfs events,
but all the ports appear to depend on fam.  I've replaced fam previously
and run pkgdb -F, but anytime a port is updated the dependency is messed
up again looking for fam.  Usually, when there is a choice I can place
something in /etc/make.conf like WITH_GAMIN="yes".  I don't see anything
like this implemented for gamin/fam selection.

Sean